Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We're Vintage!




I know this is going to date me, but I am going to blog about my childhood teddy bear for this week's Vintage Thingies Thursday. The Apron Queen says that she considers an item vintage as long as it's at least 30 years old. I guess both my teddy bear and I qualify.

THIS is the teddy bear I used to drag around my parent's tiny two-bedroom home as a little girl...


It's he adorable? My favorite part is his bib, although a little bit worse for the wear...


Now, my baby, Johnny, can love on him...


...and so can the twins...


...although perhaps not at the same time...


Hope you enjoyed my little bear. Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday!

If you liked this post and would like to join me here on a regular basis via email or other reader, please...
Subscribe
(You'll be helping to pay for at least one of the nine kid's college tuition.)
OR... bookmark or share this post by clicking the little beauty below... Thank you for your visit!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your bear, he's survived well!

Kelli said...

I don't want to be vintage... In my world it has to be over 50 years... Although today I feel a little like the bear's bib looks....

mub said...

What a great bear! He looks like he is well loved =)

Anonymous said...

How precious...he looks great for his age lol!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. Love how that bear keeps being loved...

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

that's just sweet, I don't have anything from my childhood.

AmyK said...

Wow, he's in great condition! Cute little bear. I had a turtle when I was a kid; hubby had a bear that his mom made.

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Oh, what a sweet bear! He looks to be in pretty good shape considering he survived one child and is now played with by 3! :)
I have a stuffed animal pig from when I was 2 years old that I just love. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a treat. I don't have anything like that from my childhood :(. Neat to see the boys playing with it. Cute post

Coloradolady said...

Very cute bear. I am sitting out on VTT this week, I did not get my post done in time….wanted to stop by and say hello.

Jenny said...

How wonderful that you still have that and could pass it on to your children! I have twins, too!

Unknown said...

Ahh, that made me want to go find my bear and give him a squeeze!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Wow, that's neat you have something...I don't have anything! Boo hoo!
Cute babies with the bear!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

It's a special gift to be able to give to your little ones something that you onced loved and cherished as a child!
Thanks for sharing and blessings to you!
Claudia O.

jennifer said...

I love this bear! I had one growing up that I slept with it by my side every night. Sadly, I got sick, all over it and my parents ended up throwing it out:( I have been searching for years to find one with no luck. Is there a tag on it that may help in my search?