Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Heart Hands

The 2-month-old boy's, sleeping...

Photobucket

Twin B's, sleeping...

Photobucket

Twin B's, eating...

Photobucket

The 3-year-old boy's, ready to eat...

Photobucket

The 13-year-old nephew's, playing...

Photobucket

The 15-year-old girl's, cooking...

Photobucket

The 18-year-old boy's and my 96-year-old grandmother's, comparing...

Photobucket

My brother's, preparing...

Photobucket

John's, as he's eating...

Photobucket

My grandmother's, while she's listening...

Photobucket

My mother's and grandmother's, while they're remembering...

Photobucket

Oh, and I heart when men and boys kiss babies, too...

The 13-year-old nephew...

Photobucket

My brother-in-law, the father of the 13-year-old nephew...

Photobucket

(His wife was horrified that I would photograph him with his hair like this, knowing that he would appear on my blog. She explained that he had been cutting down trees all day, then took his cowboy hat off, wet his hair, then went four-wheeling. There's your explanation. He actually cleans up pretty well for church.)

Do you love hands, too? I would really like to know. Thanks for listening.


Today on Whole Food Kids: Orange Fruit and Veggie Popsicles

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I do love hands, esp. tiny baby ones. I saw some of the Dugger's t.v. show today and their tiny baby Josie's premature hands had me in awe.
It also amazes me to see my 4 yr. old's hands...to think they were so tiny and helpless and now so much more.
Oh, and sometimes I've started referring to my kids as the "Krewe of Dirty Fingernails." (Think of Mardi Gras Krewes :)) It seems no matter what I do those hands have dirty finger nails on them :)

alessandra said...

I love hands, but most of all I love cute little feet, they make my heart melt, oh and puffy cheeks even more, so kissable.
And kisses are my fav.
You know I'm so cuddly. :D

Jb said...

This would make a lovely art gallery display! Nice theme. My fav is the boy kissing the baby...hard to catch moments. Very sweet!

Mrs.Dr.Shot said...

I've been going through a "hands" thing recently and was excited to see your post. I'm 23 weeks with baby #3 (first for my husband and I, another reason I can relate to your blog) and will be 40 when she arrives. My personal youngest is 6 and I find I spend a lot of time holding her hand and touching her fingers. She's still cool with it, so I'm soaking it in!

Connie said...

Love this post...love hands too. Kendal and I always notice hands. We used to love your grandma's "church" hands with her cute polished nails!

Mary-Belle said...

I love hands, too, but my "thing" is baby feet :) I just love them...from ultrasounds to toddlers...then they aren't so cute. And I love, love, love pictures of my babies sleeping on someone - all snuggled in. I just melt :)

Anonymous said...

Cool pics....hands can tell a story can't they.

Bethany Cox said...

Number one I totally thought your nephew was his older brother and number two I totally thought my three year old brother looks like your nephew used to look.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I know, Bethany, I've always thought your little brother looked more like his cousin than his siblings!

Anonymous said...

How come I can't see any pictures? I only see "photobucket" (whatever that is) where the photo should be.
Mom

Kristin said...

Wow, I was unexpectedly really touched by that post. Thanks, Jenny, can't wait to see you. And your hands.