Sunday, August 15, 2010

Homemaker Monday: Twin Speak

Welcome to the 101st weekly edition of...


Thank you for joining us! If you're new to this carnival and would like to enter your post, please check HERE for the rules and regs.

YOURS: This week's "YOURS" goes to Red Ted Art at "Red Ted's Art Blog"! This awesome mom actually linked two posts last week (which any of you are welcome to do at any time) and I just had to show you both of them. First she posts about how she preserves her kids' art on canvas. For that how-to, go HERE.

Then, she posts about how to make the cutest flannel cupcakes. They could be given away at a bridal or baby shower, or just used as a stocking filler. For that how-to, go HERE.

I would have loved to show you pictures, but her's were encrypted, so I couldn't steal them from her blog. You'll just have to go and see!

Thank you so much, Red Ted Art, for your links and your inspiration. We'll look forward to hearing a lot more from you in the future! And please feel free to take the "I Was Featured" button from my left sidebar. Thanks again!

MINE: Today I will blog 30 words my 2-year-old twins say and what they mean, for the benefit of those who care for them, and perhaps to help you understand 2-year-old speak....

Photobucket

1. Beenie - Blanket
2. Bee - Bird
3. Mmmmm - Moon
4. Blum-blum - Pantalones (Pants)
5. Blah-blah - Paleta (Popsicle)
6. Eenaw - Ice Cream
7. Bee-bop - Lollipop
8. Daw - Dog
9. Yo-yo - Cereal
10. Awnie - Orange
11. Wahway - Strawberry
12. Roni - Moroni (a prophet who lived in the Americas around 400 AD)
13. Gee - Jesus
14. Rella - Graciela (a good family friend)
15. Poo-poo-pee - Poopie
16. Eee - Horsie
17. Dapa-Dama - Grandpa and Grandma
18. Dunnow - Gunner (Grandma's rottweiler)
19. Awah - Agua (Water)
20. Taow - Star
21. Poon - Spoon
22. Nigh nigh - Good night
23. Ahlow - Phone
24. Yow - Car
25. Yowey - Story
26. Abba-du - Apple juice
27. Doe-doe - Joseph
28. High-um - Hyrum
29. Wye-buh - Ride bus (see HERE)
30. No Mommy Poo-poo-pee, Dama poo-poo-pee! - I don't want Mommy to change my poopie diaper, I want Grandma to change my poopie diaper! (Yeah, I love that one.)

OURS: Okay, I can't wait to read all of the wonderful homemaking adventures you've had this past week. Thanks so much for visiting and for linking up. Have a great Homemaker Monday!

7 comments:

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

I loved your post - it really brought back memories of the 'words' my son used to have for things when he was little :) Thanks for hosting Homemaker Monday!

Tricia @ This Happy Home said...

I love 2yo speak! My 2yo is going through a big pronunciation explosion and losing a lot of cutesy 2yo words. I'll miss them.

Tasha Lehman said...

LOL, I love that last one!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you taught them the last one and subsequently bribe them to say it all the time! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

But I actually miss changing their diapers!

Expat Mom said...

I frequently post what my kids say on my blog so I'll remember in the future. I notice your guys use a smattering of Spanish in there, that's awesome! Do your older kids speak it, as well?

My absolute favorite word my kids used was "Starbabies" which is what they called/call strawberries.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hi Expat! Yes, my older kids speak Spanish as they attend a dual-language school. They are beginning to speak it better than I do!