Saturday, February 12, 2011

100% Whole Wheat Blender Pancake Mix

Photobucket

This is an adaptation of my all-time favorite pancake recipe, made of whole grain wheat without using a wheat grinder!

Note: This recipe is for large or industrial-type blenders, such as a Vita-mix. If you are using a regular-sized blender, the recipe should be halved.

For the Mix

Directions:

In 8 quart-size jars, pour the following ingredients...

2 cups whole grain wheat, 16 cups altogether (the whole grain, not the flour)
1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 cups altogether
1 teaspoon baking soda, 8 teaspoons altogether
1 teaspoon salt, 8 teaspoons altogether
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 cup plus 8 teaspoons altogether
1/4 cup sugar, 2 cups altogether

Screw on lids and store in a dry place.

Photobucket

For the pancakes

Ingredients:
1 jar Blender Pancake Mix
2 eggs
3 cups milk
1/4 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender for about 5 minutes, or about 2 minutes in a Vita-mix blender. If the blender begins to make a high-pitched sound, stop it immediately.

2. Pour into rounds on a hot griddle until bubbles form, then flip and cook until golden brown.

Try serving them with homemade blueberry syrup!

One bottle of mix makes THIS many pancakes....

Photobucket

....just enough to feed a few members of the opposing basketball team we're housing during the annual tournament in town!...

Photobucket

Enjoy!

P.S. My sister and I are finally getting skinnier!
See how we're doing it HERE! :)

10 comments:

Cambria said...

no they didn't put Valentina on those yummy pancakes!!! I am totally doing this, great idea! Loveing all the mixes! thanks~

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Haha, Cambria! No, the Valentina sauce was for the eggs!

Unknown said...

I made pancakes this morning and couldn't get a picture of how many the recipe made because I sort of ate them as I made them. How did you manage to keep the plate full with so many kids around that, I'm sure, were 'starrrrvinngggg';). They look so yummy, and I can't wait to try to make the syrup.
Did you use the wet vitamix or dry container?
www.leaniepi.com

GStaples said...

How come you couldn't pre-grind the whole wheat into flour and put that in the jars and refrigerate? Sounds good with the oatmeal.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Eileen, that is so cool that you tried this! And how I kept them away from the kids is that I made them while they were asleep! To answer your question, I used the regular wet Vita-mix blender, not the grain blender. So glad you enjoyed them!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Gstaples, you could use whole wheat flour, pre-ground, but the beauty of this recipe is that anyone who has a blender can make it! I love that I don't have to go through the grinding process. :)

Callista said...

ive never used the actual grains... what would the conversion be grain to flour?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Callista, I really don't know. If you would like to try it with the whole wheat, most health food stores carry it. Otherwise, you might just want to try to add wheat flour until it's the right consistency for pancake batter. Good luck!

health momma said...

My kids loved these pancakes!!!
They couldn't stop themselves from eating them. Thanks for posting the recipe.

health momma said...

My kids loved these!!! They kept asking for more and more. Thanks for posting this recipe.