Sunday, January 20, 2013

More Twin Talk

705118_10151184891614753_688606948_o

The last time I did a post on twin talk, they were only speaking in short phrases. Now they speak in complete sentences, but are still similarly difficult to understand. What is fascinating to me, however, is that Baby Hippo, who grew up learning both regular human English and Twin Talk, has become a convenient translator. He's bilingual. For instance, the other day in the kitchen, Twin B said this to me: "Mom, tan you tut dis in too-aires?" I asked him to say it to me over and over again, but I just couldn't get it. Baby Hippo was sitting right next to him, so I said, "Baby Hippo, what does Twin B want?" And he said, "He said he wants you to cut it in stu-aires! Oh, I can't say it ee-doh!" But as he said the word "stu-aires", he made the shape of a square with his fingers, thus communicating with me that Twin B wanted his sandwich cut into squares.

Here are just a few more phrases you might need to learn if you ever come to visit.....

1. Tan we payla peelah? Can we play the computer?

2. Tan we pay wit pah-lay dough? Can we play with play dough?

3. Ih Daddy doe-ing to da toe? Is Daddy going to the store?

4. Tan we det some upteem? Can we get some ice cream?

5. Tan we wats deSPITaboh me? Can we watch Despicable Me?

6. Dat's a Chinchmitch tee! That's a Christmas tree!

7. Dear Hebney fah-der, Tane dee Daddy doe tah wort. Dear Heavenly Father, we're thankful Daddy goes to work.

8. I'm feeling a li-loh bit tit. I'm feeling a little bit sick.

9. Luwt I tuh-low! Look what I colored!

10. Mom, dis is weally duwt. Mom, this is really good. 

11. Mom, he not lelling me pah-lay wit him! Mom, he's not letting me play with him!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are hilarious. I actually already knew a few of them, too. Like the computer one. Thank goodness for Daniel! He really is bilingual!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant Baby Hippo.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Anonymous, you have to be my mother.