Thursday, January 17, 2013

Potato and Corn Chowder

Photobucket 

This is just an easy, hearty soup that even the teen-age carnivore boy loved. And instead of dicing the potatoes, I just scalloped them in the food processor really quick, and in order to better disguise the celery and onions, I grated them in the food processor. Also, I completely forgot to add the corn, which, for the amount I made, was about a gallon... of corn. Rather strange that that happened. That is why the photo of the soup lacks color and character. Some kids were glad, some were sad, but no problem, I just added it later. Oh, and of course, I didn't add the bacon. Had the teenage boy but known that it was supposed to have bacon, but didn't, he would have hung his head low. Better to leave some things unsaid.

And from now on, unless I completely change up a recipe, I'm just going to give you the link. It's just as easy for you to click as to scroll right? Okay, good. So HERE is the link. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corn chowder is my absolute favorite soup. My receipe is pretty similar to yours..but I have found that adding one little ingredient gives it that taste that you just can't put your finger on, but to me it makes such a difference. It's (bottled) clam juice. And I don't use bacon either.
~~Bonnie in NC

Anonymous said...

**oops ha ha...i guess if you did not add bacon, you prob. won't be adding claim juice either! Bonnie